Thursday, September 21, 2006

O my WORD!

I have to admit I wasn't really prepared for how overwhelming it would be to visit the Wycliffe USA headquarters in Orlando, and the SIL and Wycliffe International headquarters in Dallas (see pic above). I guess I forgot for a bit how much the mission and vision of Wycliffe is the same as what God has given me - to see the Word of God heard and understood by every person. I didn't prepare myself for how intense it would feel to be right in the middle of a huge work God is doing to get His written Word to the people of the world still waiting for it. If you can stop and visit either of these centers, I recommend it. Through art, displays, museums, hands-on activities, and media presentations, they tell the story of the need for Bible Translation and how God is enabling us to meet it. (Find out more at http://www.wycliffe.org/wbt-usa/home.htm)

No comments: