Sunday, October 14, 2007

Homeward Bound

I was so glad to see Portland, Oregon, out my airplane window on September 10th. I still can't believe home is only a plane ride away. It was a gift to spend time with my family, and visit churches and friends during my two weeks in the Northwest.

Of course time with niece Katie, who is such a big girl now, was one of the highlights! We went to the zoo and were both excited to see the elephants up close.

Of course there wasn't time for everything and everyone, but
I had a rich time with every person I was lucky enough to see. I had the chance to meet with a missions group at my church, share at a recruiting event, and spend time with the "family" I have at the church I grew up in.

Getting to hang out in person with friends was something I really had been looking forward to. A group of girlfriends threw a tea party, and we all had tons of fun over 5 gourmet courses and many, many pots of tea.

I spent my last few days in Colorado, spending time with my dear friend, Deedra. We took a drive up into the mountains on 1 of the 2 peak days per year to see the aspen turning. What great timing by God! I felt His hand of direction and provision throughout this trip.

2 comments:

Ben and Harriet Purkey said...

And it was a very pleasant surprise for us to see you at WBC in September! It looks like you had a wonderful time.
Tus amigos, Harriet & Ben

matt & cheryl said...

hey amny...i'm bummed i missed seeing you. i've been so far behind on emailing and blogs that i didn't even know you were coming til after you left. glad you had a good time...and got to see deedra! :) love you