Monday, December 17, 2007

"Come unto me"

I spent most of the workshop last weekend looking into faces like these.

As you can imagine, we had a lot of fun together!

While moms were studying, we went outside to play with, well...whatever we could find. I was so impressed with their resourcefulness, I started keeping track of how long we played with things I would have just passed by. Kayla and I played with one rock for over an hour. Another day, 3 girls played with a loop of rope for close to 3 hours! It's amazing how much fun you can have, even without Tickle Me Elmo. ;)

People who work with kids overseas will tell you that kids are the same everywhere. Same basic needs, same desire for your undivided attention. That was true of this bunch of kids...as well as the fact that a child's affection can melt your heart faster than anything. Kids don't seem to mind the occasional language barrier either.

1 comment:

stormi esperanza said...

these kids are so cute! i need to read your blog more often. and i bet the language barrier is practically non-existent (at least that's what the spanish try to tell me...lol).