Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The Infamous Garage Door Restaurant

When I moved to Huánuco, Perú, a few years ago,

I immediately latched on to this cute spot as my favorite restaurant in town.  It honestly reminded me of the cool restaurants on the Portland, Oregon, street I used to live on, Alberta, with it's garage door entrance, mismatched, chipped dishes, and excellent food.  Let's just say it's MORE like a cool Alberta St. restaurant than the other joints in Huánuco. :)

How could you not love this awesome food (skewers of chicken & veggies or cow heart).  Seriously, this is the most well-seasoned meat I've ever had:

And all cooked on the grill inside the open-roofed restaurant by this awesome dad and his family:

Unable to remember it's name, I dubbed it The Garage Door Restaurant, and I wish I'd brought some back to Costa Rica with me!

No comments: