Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Soundtrack

How do you tell the story of what God has done in your life? I was trying to figure out what to share at the Oregon SIL chapel, when God answered: tell My story in your life - and use music to help you do it. What a great idea! :)

So last week, I shared "My Life in God's Story, or God's Story in My Life--THE SOUNDTRACK". I sat at the baby grand piano on stage and talked through the various times and ways God has interacted with me and taught me about Himself. Interspersed were songs that allowed us to praise and worship in response. Here are the songs we sang, as well as the themes they related to in my life.

Knowing You - Theme song of my talk
I Lift My Eyes Up - Learning to turn on Him while growing up
There I None Like You - Trusting that He cares for the suffering in the world
Take Me In (to the Holy of Holies)--> Hosanna (in the Highest)
- Learning about the fear of God (His Majesty, in addition to His friendship)
Psalm 52:8-9 - Knowing who I am in Him, even if my exterior is weak or sick
Galations 2:20-21 - Dying to myself and Christ living in me
Empty Me - " "
Living Water - " "

No comments: