Thursday, August 24, 2006

Musings

I think I've officially entered the last phase of leaving my "normal" life. It's surprisingly okay at times, and then really overwhelming. I guess that's to be expected. I don't mind so much not having a permanent home, but I struggle with not knowing how God is going to provide for my finances. I am actually excited about being lost in a new city, not speaking the language fluently yet, and trying new foods and new ways of interacting with the world. But I do wonder how it will be to try and stay in touch with friends in the States, and even American culture in general. Will I be one of the long-haired, long-skirted super-missionaries I admire but am a little scared of becoming? Will I know what happens on the next season of Lost? More importantly, will the Quechua people I'll be working with be able to understand me and God's love through me?

Here was God's answer to my musings this morning. Maybe He will put your musing to rest as well with this truth: Phil. 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

No comments: