Saturday, November 18, 2006

My home on wheels

Seriously! Everything I took to Peru fit into these 4 suitcases. I was pretty impressed. I had to ditch the purse at the airport (2 carry-ons means 2 carry-ons on American: no extra purse!)

I can't remember how much it all weighed, but it was close to 225 pounds. It's cheaper to take it with you on the plane than to mail it to Peru, but it was still pretty expensive! I'm glad I'm here for over a year - less wouldn't seem worth it. :)

I'll be living out of these suitcases for another week before I move in with the Peruvian family I'll stay with for 2 months. Thank you to the Wycliffe Boutique where I got one for free and to Beth, who gave me an old-school hard case one that has been wonderful. Thx to Target and TJ Maxx for the other cheap, but wheeled pieces that have been so nice! Mom, can you believe that $18 backpack has lasted through 2 trips to Peru!

No comments: