Thursday, November 23, 2006

A small flood of blessings

God is not silent, and He chooses lots of ways to show you that He cares and is watching over you.

Sometimes in the littlest things:
Like finding out that Peruvians have a tradition of buying MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS FOOD, Panettone, and eating it in on Christmas Eve. I had to hold myself back from stuffing one of these giant, Italian bread/cakes into my suitcase as I left the States, only to find every store in Lima is stocked with these - some relocating whole aisles of groceries to make room to carry a large-enough supply of Panettone for the month of December.

Sometimes in very big things:
Like, after planning to meet your friend Heather in Lima at the beginning of December (she's down here visiting her brother and sister-in-law), you RUN INTO HER in a city of 7 million people. Yes, run into her ON THE STREET IN LIMA!! Her sister-in-law recognized the lady I was with, and called out to her. It felt like it took Heather and I a couple of seconds to realize what was going on!

What kind, loving encouragements from God!

No comments: