Tuesday, December 05, 2006

San Felipe

Last Monday I moved into the Peruvian home I’ll live in until the end of January and started Spanish lessons. Things settled down and that I felt like I was getting into a routine.

But on Wednesday I developed a rash (from eating mango skin--not recommended for anyone!) and I had to go to the ER on Thursday morning.
The IV drugs they gave me didn’t seem have any effect, so I was admitted to the hospital. Two days later, things were looking much better. I was recovering well, but they still wanted to keep me for observation while they dropped the dosage of the drugs they had me on. So it’s Tuesday evening and I was only just discharged this afternoon! I am so grateful to get back to what I now call “regular” life in Lima, Peru!

The San Felipe hospital was a small, local, very nice place with a great staff.
They were very patient with my little-but-growing Spanish, and it really was a good chance to learn a lot more.

My plans have changed for this week and I’ll not be going to Huanuco to the women’s training week. But this means I'll be here in Lima, now able to attend some SIL meetings and connect with two people (regarding the dictionary project) who I thought I was going to miss. We lay the plans, and God directs our steps! "In his a heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)

Please pray for complete healing and strengthening. Thank you for your prayers ALL of the time. Don’t hold back if you feel a prompting to pray – it is probably because there is stuff going on that I haven’t been able share with you. Pray even if you don’t know what for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Just thought I'd check on your blog today to see if you were in Peru yet. Wow! Mango skins! Who would have thought? We eat lots of mangoes, but not the skins. I hope that you recover completely, and that you are able to eat mangoes once in a while. Buena suerte con tu lecciones de espanol! Tal vez podemos platicar en espanol? Tus amigas, Harriet y Ben Purkey, Baja Mexico