Monday, March 19, 2007

Graduation Night!

I first met these four CEFMA graduates when I took a Quechua grammer class my first week in Huanuco. A few Fridays ago, they graduated from the CEFMA program, which is 3 summers long, and prepares them for service in missions here or around the world. The theme was from Hudson Taylor's life, which is really exciting for me because my greatest dream for these people groups is to see them reaching the world for Christ! Everyone wore the traditional dress from their area. (Check out the 2 different styles and colors of hats the women are wearing. Hats and the patterns and colors of clothes are among the clues you can use to know what part of the Andes someone is from, even before they open their mouth. Just in case you are wondering, no one ever thinks I might be from around here, and they usually guess correctly that I'm from the States!)

No comments: