Saturday, June 23, 2007

Machu Picchu!

I had heard so much about Machu Picchu that I assumed I would be underwhelmed when I finally visited--boy, was I wrong! It was my third trip to Cusco and this time I finally made it all the way to Machu Picchu with my friend Karen who was visiting from the States. It felt surreal, like a different world. Aside from the fact that you are walking in and around ancient Incan ruins, Machu Picchu is set high up into the clouds so you almost think you're in heaven. Since only one of the original Seven Wonders of the World still exists, they are holding a world-wide online vote to elect the "New 7 Wonders". Click HERE to cast your vote (for Machu Picchu!).

1 comment:

Linguistica said...

Hi Amy,

Thanks for commenting on my blog! It's a small blogging world isn't it? Fun to hear about a fellow Wycliffer/Oregonian/ORSILITE's adventures :o) Machu Picchu looks AWESOME!!! So who's your friend in DRC? I know a few people who work over there too. Have a great day!

Jessica