Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Christmas in July?

I'm not that great with plant names, but I definitely didn't recognize the tall tree/bush outside my kitchen window...until it blossomed! Below is a picture of my apartment (on the left), and the 2 poinsettia bushes/trees that grow outside(!). The Smiths, translators for another nearby Quechua language, live in the house to the right. Because you don't see much green in the streets of Huánuco, I really enjoy the beautiful landscaping on our property.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, Amy, I just discovered this blogspot. What a delightful tour of Peru you are giving. I could spend all day here at your blogspot. It makes me a bit homesick too. Greetings to Terry and Karla and Jan and Bruce. I've enjoyed their hospitality in Huanaco. I'll be back. Your prayer pal from SIL 2006!

amy lineburg said...

Hi Linda! It's great to hear from you!! I hope all is well along the river. What great memories I have of your place. :) Thanks for saying hi and encouraging me about the blog. I'll be sure to say hi to the folks here for you. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you put up a picture of your home. It's great to see your "every-day" too. It's new to us.
Love!
Emily Saylor

Anonymous said...

Nice digs--I'm really impressed!