Tuesday, March 25, 2008

PROJECT ALLIANCE

I started singing with my church worship team 4 months ago. I was amazed that they are responsible to raise funds for whatever they need, their microphones, instruments, and outfits. Next up on the project list are stage monitors, which allow those of us on stage to hear what we're singing and playing. (Our church is large and made of concrete and most of the sound never gets back to the front of the room where we're standing.)

Fundraisers are usually bake sales, where you can by a papa rellena, a stuffed potato, for 1 sol, which is about 30 cents. I started doing the math and realized it would take a lot of papas rellenas to raise around $700, which what we estimate it will cost to provide monitors for our church.

Then I realized what a great opportunity this was to give my U.S. friends the chance to help out my Peruvian friends. And there are a lot of you musicians who know just what I'm talking about regarding the monitors!

Any size gift will be a big help to the project. Just think: a gift of $5 equals 15 papas rellenas, and donating $20 is equivalent to purchasing 60! I'll be in Lima in the middle of April, so I hope to see enough funds come in so we can purchase these then.

Click here to donate through PayPal or to mail a check.

Thank you!

No comments: